Laser hair removal is one of the best go-to treatments when it comes to removing hair from the areas you don’t want them. Instead of shaving, tweezing, or waxing, which can prevent you from having smooth and clear skin, laser hair removal is an option worth considering.
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this procedure, here’s everything you need to know about it to keep yourself informed and make the right decision:
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
First, let’s define what laser hair removal is. Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure. It beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles to destroy the hair. Once the pigment in the follicles absorbs light, the hair follicle will not only be destroyed, but the hair can no longer grow from it as well. Essentially, laser hair removal offers a more permanent result. However, some hair in the targeted area may still grow back.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
There’s a reason why laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures in the U.S. It can remove hair from different parts of your body, including face, leg, chin, underarm, back bikini line, and others. It also offers many benefits, such as:
- Leaving skin undamaged since the lasers selectively target dark, coarse hairs
- Quick treatment since each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time
- Possible permanent hair loss since most patients have permanent hair loss after an average of 3-7 sessions
How Will You Prepare for Laser Hair Removal?
To get the best results of laser hair removal, there are things you need to prepare and consider before going to a clinic to get the treatment. Remember, laser hair removal is more than just zapping unwanted hair. It’s a medical procedure that needs a professional’s skills and adequate preparation from your end.
Here’s how you can prepare for your laser hair removal treatment:
- Look for a reliable and credible doctor or technician who will perform the procedure for you.
- Schedule plucking, waxing, and electrolysis six weeks before the treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for six weeks before and after treatment because it can make the procedure less effective.
What Should You Expect During the Treatment?
Once you’re already at the salon or clinic, here are the things you should expect so that you wouldn’t be surprised or nervous:
- Before the procedure, the technician will trim your hair down to a few millimeters above the skin surface.
- After that, they usually apply some topical numbing medicine 20-30 minutes before the procedure.
- Then, they will adjust the laser equipment, give a pulse of light to the treatment area and watch the area for several minutes to ensure the best settings were used, and check for bad reactions.
- After that, they will complete the treatment. Once completed, you may be given ice packs, anti-inflammatory creams or lotions, or cold water to ease any discomfort.
Laser hair removal is an effective solution to remove unwanted hair. While it’s mostly done by a professional, the treatment made promising results that probably triggered innovators to develop a device that people can use in the comfort of their homes. You can now do it yourself just by purchasing a laser hair removal device.
We are the world’s leading expert for women’s skin and beauty products, offering different kinds of professional IPL laser hair removal machines. Browse our shop and place your order with us today!