Hair Removal Methods: Chemical Creams vs. Laser Hair Removal
There are plenty of hair removal options available: two of the most popular being chemical creams and laser hair removal.
If you’re considering these options, the question arises: which one is the best? Should you stay for a short-term method such as hair removal creams or go for a long-term option such as laser hair removal?
How Does Chemical Cream Work?
A simple answer to that question is that the cream works by blocking the pores of your skin. This essentially prevents the hair from growing back.
The cream contains a concentrated form of chemicals used to dissolve hair follicles. The chemicals go into the follicle and prevent the future growth of the hair. After a couple of weeks, the hair follicles fall off.
The advantages of chemical hair removal include the following:
- The process is cheaper than laser hair removal
- It’s a safe, simple, and convenient way of removing hair
- It can be done at home
- It leaves a smooth skin surface
However, chemical hair removal also has some disadvantages that you need to take note of:
- It can cause skin irritation
- It has a short-term effect. You’ll need to keep applying it to get rid of hair in a long-term way
- It cannot be done on the vagina area
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal is a more permanent way of getting rid of hair. It works by targeting the root of the hair follicle.
Pulse lasers target the melanin or the pigment of the hair follicles. Melanin absorbs light energy, which is then converted into thermal energy. This heat damages the follicle and finally destroys it.
The advantages include the following:
- It works on all skin types, including dark-skinned ones
- It can be done on most parts of the body
Like chemical hair removal, there are also some disadvantages to laser hair removal that you need to take note of:
- It’s more expensive compared to chemical hair removal
- It’s a painful process, although the pain is tolerable
- It’s not advisable for people with sensitive skin
- It’s not effective on stubborn hair such as black and grey hairs
- It’s effective in the short term, but you’ll still need to do some maintenance in the long term.
Choosing Between the Two
Both chemical hair removal and laser hair removal methods have their own pros and cons. Depending on your needs, you might want to choose one of the two.
If you want a cheaper hair removal method and don’t mind the pain, you should consider chemical hair removal. It’s a good option if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on long-term methods and want something you can do at home.
However, if you want something more permanent that works for most parts of the body, then you should consider laser hair removal. You should also feel it if you’re not comfortable with chemical hair removal or if you have sensitive skin.
You’re probably wondering which option is the best from the discussion above. Truthfully, both have their pros and cons. It’s up to you to choose the one that best fits your needs.
Nevertheless, if you’re simply looking for a way to get rid of hair in the short term, go for chemical hair removal.
At Home IPL Hair Removal is the world's leading expert for women's skin and beauty products. Our IPL Home Hair Removal Systems lets you get rid of unwanted hair permanently at the comfort of your home. You no longer need expensive salon laser treatments and are guaranteed to stay fresh and carefree with out product. Get your IPL Laser Hair Removal now and enjoy free shipping!